How To Join
To become a member, visit any of our chapters and see which one is a good fit for you. Once you have decided on a chapter that is a good fit:
- Confirm that your profession’s seat is open in the chapter you wish to join
- Submit a membership application (no application fee applies)
- Complete three 1-to-1 meetings with current chapter members
- Attend a minimum of two, maximum of three, chapter meetings at the chapter you wish to join
Once you have applied, completed three 1-to-1’s and attended at least two chapter meetings, the chapter’s members will vote on your membership.
If you are voted in, the annual fee ($850) is due prior to your first official meeting as a member.
If you have any questions about this process, please reach out to us at info@neXconational.com.
NeXco National Policies and Membership Agreement
This Membership Agreement is a formal contract between you, as a representative of the company indicated in the online membership application, and neXco National. When you apply for and are accepted into neXco National membership, you agree to be bound by the following terms of membership.
Application Process. In order to become a member of neXco National, you must
1. Attend 2 meetings at the chapter you wish to join,
1.1. Guests who are not neXco National members may visit any chapter twice in a six-month period.
2. Complete three 1-2-1’s (1 must be with leadership) with members of the chapter you wish to join,
3. Receive 80% or more “yes” votes from the neXco National chapter you are applying for,
4. Pay your non-refundable membership dues of $500 (core) / $850 (B2B) for the first year. Membership dues can be paid via the online invoice sent by neXco National billing department once acceptance into the chapter has been approved or by mailing a check to 2961-A Hunter Mill Rd #638, Oakton, VA 22124. Checks should be made out to neXco National.
5. Payment of your membership dues must be received prior to your first official meeting as a member. For a company paid membership, proof of commitment to pay must be received prior to your first official meeting as a member and payment must be received prior to your third official meeting as a member.
6. New members must attend neXco National Orientation within 90 days of joining neXco National. Orientation is designed to give new members the tools for a successful membership – if orientation is not attended within 90 days, new members will be placed on probation and will be prohibited from attending further neXco National events and meetings until attendance is completed.
7. All members must represent their primary industry; no part-time industries are allowed to join. Multi‐level marketing professionals are not eligible for neXco National membership.
8. NeXco National B2B Chapter membership is exclusive to members that market their goods and services exclusively to other businesses. If a member does any B2C sales, that member must be in a core chapter. Rare exceptions may be made by chapter leadership.
9. If your membership is a company paid membership and you choose to leave neXco National or you leave the company, your company has the right to backfill your member seat with another employee from the company. The new member must apply for membership and get voted into the chapter. If the company fails to provide a new candidate, that is not justification for a refund.
10. An individual neXco National B2B member MAY be in a second neXco National chapter as long as that chapter’s industry seat is open. This policy is exclusive to neXco National B2B members only. A neXco National B2B member may be a member of a B2B AND Core chapter only, occupying 2 B2B or 2 Core chapters is prohibited.
10.1. Members that are in two different chapters must fulfill membership requirements (attendance, dues and point expectations) in each chapter.
10.2. The only exception is a member can be a member of a second chapter if that second chapter is a 100% virtual chapter as long as there is not another existing member in one of the two virtual chapter seats.
11. Transfers. Existing members who intend to transfer to a different chapter than the one where they are currently a member must go through steps 1.1 – 1.3 of this application process in the chapter to which they wish to transfer.
11.1. Transfers are only permitted after 6 months of joining a neXco National Chapter.
NeXco National Commitment. Upon successful completion of the application process, neXco National agrees that:
1. You will be the sole occupant of your profession’s seat in your chapter and you are the representative of your company for membership in your chapter,
2. You will have access to all of our monthly Core networking mixers as a membership benefit at no additional cost, with the exception of our annual fundraiser,
3. You can visit any chapter that does not have your profession seat taken an unlimited number of times until that seat is filled by a new member. However, your obligation for attendance and referrals remains solely with the chapter you joined. If your profession seat is filled at the visiting chapter you can visit 2 times within a 6-month period.
Continued Membership. Your continued membership is contingent on you abiding by the following rules:
1. Attendance is a mandatory requirement of neXco National. Members must maintain good attendance standing by missing no more than 1 meeting in a quarter and must be present for the full 90 minutes of meetings. Quarters follow the calendar year: January to March, April to June, July to September and October to December. Absences will not be counted if a substitute represents you at your chapter meeting. Members are allowed 2 substitutes per quarter. If a member is not in adherence to the policy, that member risks probation and membership termination.
2. Maintain a minimum of 10 points every calendar quarter. Members will receive 1 point for every guest a member has in attendance, 1 point awarded for every qualified referral passed. A point will also be award for every 1-2-1 held, up to a maximum of 5 per quarter. The remainder of the 10 points will come from referrals and guests.
2.1. The quarter you join neXco National you are not required to meet the 6-point membership requirement.
3. Members not meeting the 10-point standard in a quarter will be placed on probation and have the next calendar quarter to achieve 10-points to return to good standing. If any member is in violation of the 10-point standard over two consecutive quarters, the chapter leadership team will decide whether or not the member will continue their membership in the chapter. If chapter leadership decides to terminate the membership, no refunds will be provided. If any member is in violation of the 10-point standard over three consecutive quarters, their membership will be terminated immediately, no refunds will be provided.
3.1. If a member is asked to exit for not meeting the 10-point standard, for 3 consecutive quarters in a row, will be able to reapply to join after 6 months.
4. Leaves of absence (LOA) are allowed for exceptional medical circumstances only. Members must be current on dues and the LOA period may not fall during a renewal period. If a member’s membership is up for renewal during the LOA period, the member must renew its membership and pay the full annual dues, prior to the LOA being approved. LOAs are allowed for up to 12 weeks based upon the approval of chapter leadership.
5. Abide by the neXco Code of Ethics which is attached to this contract.
6. No refunds of your dues are made if neXco National terminates your membership for any reason.
7. In the absence of a Membership Committee, the Leadership Team may act as an ad-hoc Membership Committee until one is established.
Membership Renewal. Membership renewals are processed annually on the anniversary of a members start month – payment is due 1st of the anniversary month. Members will be billed 60 days in advance of renewal. Members are allowed a 7-day grace period after the due date. If a member is over 7 days past due, the member will go on probation and incur a $50 admin fee. If a member is 15 days past due on membership dues, the member will forfeit the seat and will need to reapply for membership.
Chapter Dismantle. In the event that a neXco National chapter is closed members who have joined the Chapter in the past 90 days AND who do not qualify for any open seats at other neXco National chapters will be provided a prorated refund for their membership dues. Members who joined neXco National over 90 days ago will be provided the opportunity to apply for a seat at another neXco National Chapter and membership dues transferred upon acceptance. Members membership renewal date will be extended 1 month to provide the opportunity to visit other chapters and re-apply. If they do not wish to join another chapter no membership fees will be refunded.
Probation. Members run the risk of their membership being placed on probation due to the following circumstances: Not attending orientation within 90 days of enrollment, failure to meet the 6-point standard each calendar quarter, absent more than once in a calendar quarter without providing a substitute, excessive tardiness/leaving meetings early, failure to pay renewal membership dues within 7 days of invoice due date and/or violation of the neXco National Code of Ethics and Fundamentals. A member has one quarter to complete actionable items to prevent the membership from being terminated: i.e., attending new member orientation, earning the 6 point minimum, honoring the attendance policy. Ethics violations will be handled on a case-by-case basis and termination or reinstatement will be determined by chapter leadership.
Termination. neXco National reserves the right to terminate any member’s membership for any reason that is not prohibited by law. Specific examples, without limitation, include: Ethics violations, failure to meet point minimums over 2 rolling quarters, absentees and failure to pay membership dues.
General. You agree to the terms of this Membership Agreement by following the acceptance instructions on the neXco National website. This contract and the Attachments may be amended from time to time by neXco National provided that you are given notice of the changes at least 30 days prior to the effective date of the changes. This contract is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to its choice of law provisions. Any disputes arising out of this contract will be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its commercial arbitration rules, and for which each party will pay their own costs regardless of the outcome.
NeXco National Code of Ethics
NeXco National is an exclusive business-to-business community whose sole purpose is to serve as a catalyst for members to achieve exponential growth.
Vision – Our vision is to create a business ecosystem for all of our members that will serve as a catalyst for exponential growth.
Mission – Our mission is to serve our members through an ideal networking experience that cultivates an environment of personal and professional growth.
Values – Commitment. Collaboration. Integrity. Community. All members are committed to being responsive and to ensuring all communications are returned within 24 hours. Any referred business will be delivered with the highest quality ensuring the client is 100% satisfied with the deliverable.
- I will maintain professional conduct with a positive and supportive attitude. I will not allow personal feelings or beliefs to cause me to treat people unfairly or unprofessionally.
- I will serve clients with integrity, honesty, competence, independence, objectivity, and professionalism, helping them to build their philanthropic expertise and capacity.
- I will be honest in my professional dealings and forthcoming about my competence.
- I will avoid conflicts of interest and biases whenever possible. When my advice is sought, if I have a conflict of interest or bias, I will declare it if appropriate, and recuse myself if necessary.
- Place our clients and the public’s best interests first, before the best interests of ourselves and/or our firms.
- I will treat all client information that is not public knowledge with confidentiality, take reasonable steps to prevent its access by unauthorized parties, and refrain from taking advantage of proprietary or privileged information without the client’s permission.
- I will represent my profession with integrity and professionalism in relationships with clients, colleagues, and the general public. Seek professional development opportunities as they are available.
- I will refrain from advertising services in a deceptive manner.
- I will pass quality, qualified referrals within neXco National, other professionals and potential customers. A qualified referral is one where the referrer has an established a real trusting relationship with all parties being referred. Additionally, the referrer has preemptively & directly contacted all parties being referred, to determine that the buyer’s need is real & current (not just window shopping), and the seller is willing, able and desires to fully provide the service or product needed. All parties are contacted directly to ensure a true fit.
- I will lead by example, maintaining a high ethical standard and degree of professionalism in the performance of all my duties.
- I will support colleagues and co-workers in following this code of ethics.
Discipline and Revocation
NeXco National has the right to revoke any Membership at any time for any reason. No refunds will be issued.